Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Banquet with the King

I just finished teaching a Truly Fed class in my new home state of Texas. The last class of Truly Fed is always a bit emotional. We leave the room we start the class in, and move into a room that I have set up to look like a beautiful banquet table. I bring in real colored glass goblets, candles sparkle across the ivory lace tablecloths, beads and jewel looking strands grace every corner of the tables. I also take antique dishes and attach this scripture to them "'Behold, the former things are past. I declare new things' says the Lord. 'Before they spring forth I declare them.'" Isaiah 42:9

As we sit at the table, share communion, and reflect on the healing God designs in our lives I am reminded of something I once heard author Larry Crabb say. "Though we are created to sit at the banquet table and dine with the King, we often choose to crawl on the floor under the table looking for crumbs."

This is he perfect description of disordered eating. Crumb licking... Instead of enjoying food and functioning in a normal capacity with it- it crowds our minds and mental space, pushing out even the scent of a graceful God who never tires of inviting us to the table.

This day may be choose to eat with the King. I love you sweet sisters...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!