Friday, August 21, 2009

What is truth regarding food?

Have you ever wondered about truth? Do we really know what truth is in our lives? Jesus says something profound and powerful when He says "You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." How does the truth set us free? It releases us by shedding light on what is a lie, and what is real. Lies are masked as reality, when actually they are just poisonous whispers.
Lies regarding food:
Life will never change. I will always feel like a failure with food.
I have no self- control or discipline in my life.
I have to be perfect with food- or I am a complete loser. (Perfect dieting leading to crazy binging)
Food is my one pleasure and escape. It's all I have.
Truth regarding food:
I was created with taste buds to enjoy food, but not abuse it.
I can make good choices regarding food, and change behaviors that have led me to despair.
I have fullness in life that doesn't need food to numb me.
I can eat in community and communion- rather than secrecy and isolation.

Seek after truth. When I began replacing the lies that ran me ragged with truth, my life completely changed. It was like pushing the off button to a bad CD playing on a giant boom box.
May your truth play loudly today- replacing the ugly lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!